Sunday, June 1, 2014

Today begins the month long blogging for the Body by Vi Sweet Cream Shake and flavor additive packets...

For the month of June, we will be looking at the Body by Vi Shake Mix and how 
effective it is for someone like me who has about 90-100 lbs to lose to get 
to a healthy weight again,as a nutritional supplement,how it taste, and how many ways it can be prepared.

My contributor for this month for the Body by Vi Challenge is 
Body by Vi Regional Director/Certified Personal Trainer Jackie Patterson. 
(You can find her website at www.jackiepatterson.bodybyvi.com)

I asked Jackie to share a bit about herself, as part of this experience, 
and I would like for you to hear that story from her own words here, 
so here is her story, as told by her: 

I am a dental hygienist~27 years, a patient introduced this to me as he
 was having great success using it for his Rheumatoid Arthritis.

I have had Crohn's for 30 yrs~ 3 bowel resections, blood transfusions, 
iron shots, prednisone, many meds and diet restrictions. 

I was unable to have any raw fruits, veggies or milk products~ Yes, diet pepsi ~ 
for whatever reason kept me from vomiting &/or out of the bathroom. 
Very frequent visits to the bathroom had me contemplating disability.

Then Visalus....

Within 60 days I was off iron shots, (hemoglobin came up) prednisone, 
and started re-introducing foods(Into shakes mainly.) Energy level back!

During this time (1st 90 days) I lost 16lbs, 4 1/2 inches & 5% bodyfat ~
was very malnourished before, & was not doing wt_loss program. 

Since then I began promoting & I am active with Crohn's Colitis Support Group ~ 
Visalus(BBVi) has helped  prevent many surgeries & many have reduced or removed 
many medications. 

My 2 grandbabies (Age 3, 1yr) are vi-babies-full term, very healthy, happy,
as their mom used Vi during preg/breast feeding 1x/day.

3 yr old calls me " Grandma Shake" & we have 1 every time she visits!

It has been a life saver for me & many others in many ways.

Used for nearly 3 yrs (April 2011)

Promoted shortly after~

Thank You for sharing your story Jackie.  

I hope you will stop by and pay her a visit, she is a really cool gal that is gonna help 
you find a Visalus Regimen that will fit your lifestyle.

Here are my beginning pictures for day one of my Visalus Journey:

Starting Weight 236.0 Front View.

Starting Weight 236.0 Side View





What I will be using for this month.

The first flavor for day one

Before the blitzing in the Ninja

After the blitzing for day one. 


As a nutritional supplement, it has its ups and downs. I tried to get the hubby to try it, and he did. I am doing the one shake a day for a nutritional supplement, because for me i have a hard time getting in my daily allowance. You can do two shakes a day if you are geared toward the weight loss side though.

The taste for day one: nice , a little on the granular side, but that may be my 
mixing skills. Hopefully my mixing skills will improve as the month rolls along.  

With the approach of summer, this will be a great addition  for me ,
as I consume a lot of cold items vs. hot. So we will see how this journey goes.
This week I will be having my shake in the morning. Stay tuned!

No comments: